WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Monday, September 23, 2002  

Relax. Breath deeply. Relax.

I am getting into panic mode over Tony's tickets because I really don't feel like wasting all this money. Today's been a roller-coaster. I came here to the office before I was supposed to start working just to able to attend a meeting. Only problem was that I had the meeting time wrong and by the time I realized it it was too late. Great. I then proceeded to listen to my voice mail and to a message from Tara, something about the place to pick up the tickets. A nice reminder of my impending doom. Then I opened my mail and, joy of joys, read a message from a friend of Robert Caro's (to whom I sent a message at the end of last week) saying in no uncertain terms that she "wants" a ticket and to please call her. I called. She had made other arrangements. Then there's a message from Emilio, who had not been able to find people interested in or available for the seminar. So I am back to square one, or maybe two. J.P. is really excited about going and so is Beatriz. I still have one ticket though. I just sent Frank a message and I will call him later today. I feel like I am harassing my own friends and people will start screening out my calls. I'll see what I can by tomorrow at noon and then write/call Tara and beg if necessary.

Daniel came home yesterday after 11 pm and was too tired to keep on working, so we jus chit-chatted for a while and called it a night. He got up at 6 am this morning, went for a run. I woke up at at 6 am this morning too but remained glued to the computer till at least 11 am. Fixed a salad and veggie burgers and had lunch with Katja. Then she left for a casting. I left a little bit later and was greeted downstairs by two of my doormen commenting on how popular I am and asking whether I know everybody in my country. I had to explain that yes, I do know a lot of people but unfortunately I am not the popular one, my apartment is. This is obviously not true, I am wildly popular but I am not supposed to brag about it. I am also not supposed to doubt the sincerity of my guests. Most of all, I am not supposed to undermine my own self-esteem.

Lets hope it will be an early night at work today.

3:33 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives