WebJournal - The blog will set you free
News of no interest whatsoever except to very close and patient friends and family members and maybe people with no life


Sunday, September 22, 2002  

Brunch went great (I have to be very careful with my wording and I need to sound appropriately enthusiastic: Andrea will read this blog tomorrow). Really. He looks just about what he looked like back then, except for the graying/thinning hair (I am so glad men have the hair issue and it's not just us with our boobs issue), his wife is extremely lively and chatty and, wonder of wonders, they have a well-behaved, smiley, cute 6-years old who does not scream, does not need constant attention, does not make a mess of his food. Very refreshing.
We went to Calle Ocho, on Columbus Ave. I've been to the place a couple of times but I had no idea they do not play live music after complaints from the neighbors. They've also modified their menu and there is basically very little to nothing I can eat anymore, so I had to compensate with a couple of mojitos (mind you, this was breakfast for me). Anyways, I had a great time, and we did not get stuck on memory lane and the glory days of high-school. Because I enjoyed myself so much I was fast at picking up the tab thus ensuring a second meeting out of guilt if not honest desire.
Once I got back home at around 4 pm I promptly collapsed on the bed for a prolonged siesta. Now I am playing around with the computers - after spending quite some time sorting out all the cables and somewhat cleaning the table and all the gizmos - watching the Emmys, commenting on them with Katja, waiting for my Japanese dinner to be delivered (she already had pizza). Daniel stopped by this afternoon to drop his stuff and will be home tonight at 11ish. He has to work, so I will give him the iBook.
Debra called. She's back from her time-share in Spain. Gotta call her back. And I have to call Johanny too.
Tomorrow I am on the evening shift at work, all the way through Thursday. And Thursday night I have to shlep over to Meadowland for Tony's seminar. I can hardly wait.

9:04 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home
MSN Online Status Indicator

search the blog
mark your location
links
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives
archives